The Samyang 24mm f/1.8 AF is a remarkably compact lens at a very reasonable price that still offers impressive image quality for Sony E mount shooters. This excellent video review takes a look at the lens and the kind of performance you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Dustin Abbott, this great video review takes a look at the Samyang 24mm f/1.8 AF lens for Sony E mount. The 24mm f/1.8 is impressively small, coming in at just 2.6 by 2.8 inches and weighing only 8.1 oz (230 g). Despite its tiny size, it still comes with a range of useful features, including:
- Two extra-low dispersion elements, two aspherical elements, and three high refractive index elements for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased sharpness
- Ultra Multi-Coating for reduced flares and ghosting and increased contrast
- Linear STM autofocus motor
- Non-rotating front element for use with polarizing and graduated ND filters
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
At just $499, the 24mm f/1.8 looks like a highly impressive performer in a very portable and affordable package, making it a great option to pair with a camera like the a7C for walkaround work or a variety of other applications without sacrificing image quality. Check out the video above for Abbott's full thoughts on the lens.