It might seem like full frame users get all the fun lenses, but APS-C shooters still make up a large portion of photographers. And while they can often use certain full frame lenses, having options made for specifically APS-C can save on size, weight, and price, often quite significantly. Sigma's new 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary lens is made specifically for APS-C users, and this excellent video review takes a look at the performance and image quality you can expect from it.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost, this great video review takes a look at the new Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary lens. Despite its affordable price ($549), this new lens still comes with a range of great features, including:
- Three high-precision glass-molded aspherical elements for reduced distortion and increased sharpness
- Special Low Dispersion element for reduced chromatic aberrations
- Super Multi-Layer Coating for reduced flares and ghosting and increased contrast
- Stepping motor for quiet autofocus suitable for both photos and video
- 1:2.8 maximum magnification
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
For APS-C users looking for a versatile standard zoom lens that won't break the bank, the 18-50mm f/2.8 looks like an intriguing option. Check out the video above for Frost's full thoughts on the new lens.