A wide angle prime lens with a large aperture is one that can handle a large range of shooting scenarios ranging from weddings coverage to astro work and more. This great video review takes a look at one such option for Sony shooters, the FE 20mm f/1.8 G lens.
Coming to you from The Hybrid Shooter, this excellent video review takes a look at the Sony FE 20mm f/1.8 G lens. Weighing just a bit over 13 ounces, the 20mm f/1.8 G is impressively portable but still offers a range of useful features to produce good image quality and performance. Such features include:
- Two advanced aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion elements for less aberrations and distortion and better sharpness
- Nano AR coating for less flares and ghosting and stronger contrast
- Front fluorine coating to reduce fingerprints and dust and provide moisture-sealing
- Dual XD linear motor and quick and quiet autofocus suitable for both photos and video
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Customizable focus hold buttons
- De-clickable aperture
Altogether, the FE 20mm f/1.8 G looks like a versatile and useful prime for photos and video alike. Check out the video above for the full rundown on the lens.