A good macro lens is one of the most versatile a photographer can have in their bag, offering both the ability to capture close-up detail shots and ultra-sharp portraits. This awesome video review takes a look at one such option, the FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro lens, and the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
- Full 1:1 maximum magnification ratio with 6.3-inch minimum focusing distance
- Focusing distance and magnification scale printed on top of the lens
- One extra-low dispersion element for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- One aspherical element for reduced astigmatism and coma
- Focus range limiter for faster autofocus
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design
As a 50mm lens, the FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro is already quite useful, suitable for a wide range of shooting scenarios. Add in the macro capabilities, and it possibly becomes one of the most versatile lenses in your bag. Check out the video above for the full rundown.